Third International Meeting on Indigenous Women's Health
The Healthy Generations: Integrating Traditions and Science to Promote Well-Being
The Healthy Generations: Integrating Traditions and Science to Promote Well-Being meeting is designed to bring together speakers and participants to share knowledge about the many forces for health and well-being - where women work, live, and receive care. Conferees will be exposed to current thinking and practices cross the spectrum from local village programming to regional and national health care environments with broad responsibilities for health care delivery.
- Collaborate to improve health status with Indigenous women and their families.
- Increase awareness of the emerging health needs and unique solutions in Indigenous populations.
- Increase the ability to provide culturally competent care, which recognizes traditional knowledge and approaches.
- Increase collaboration and information exchange between those working in policy, practice and community.
- Increase capacity building and advocacy efforts in maternity and women's health care.