38th Annual Advances in Primary Care Conference
Controversies and Challenges
Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and other health care
professionals who want to enhance or develop their knowledge of current trends in primary care.
At the conclusion of this conference, the participant should be able to:
- Describe current knowledge and limitations of knowledge of the topics listed.
- List the pros and cons of following expert recommendations for these issues.
- Improve patient understanding of complex medical issues to foster patient centered medical care.
Power Point Slides
- SBIRT Screening in Primary Care [PDF]
- An Introduction to the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorders in Primary Care [PDF]
- Chronic Hepatitis C [PDF]
- How the EHR is Affecting Stress and Burnout in Primary Care [PDF]
- Choosing Wisely (Duchesne and Sen) [PDF]
- Choosing Wisely (Sen) [PDF]
- What Really Matters? Shifting Perception to Reduce Burnout [PDF]
- The Hormone Conundrum of Bio-Identical HRT [PDF]
Valerie Carrejo, MD
Department of Family and Community Medicine
David Gonzales, MD
Division of General Internal Medicine
Department of Internal Medicine
Therese Hidalgo, DNP, FNP-BC
College of Nursing
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. AAFP Credit will also be offered, as well as credit for nurses.