2017 Medical Conference: Teaching Oral Health Care to Medical and Nursing Providers
The 2017 conference is presented by the Department of Dental Medicine and Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development. The keynote presentation will discuss the UNM HSC project that has successfully incorporated basic oral health practices into an existing medical clinic. Provider roles and tools will be presented.
The other topics to be discussed are:
- Describe the how to successfully incorporate basic oral health practices into existing medical clinics.
- Describe the use of fluoride into primary care and successfully apply fluoride varnish.
- Describe basic risk assessments and radiograph interpretation principles.
- Recognize common dental issues and their relationship with pharmacology.
- Perform head and neck exams.
- Describe the relationship between oral health and overall health.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.