The following services are included in the CME Administrative Fees for Meeting Management. All other conference expenses, including materials and services, will be paid from conference revenues.
For more information, see our conference services brochure and fee structure.
- Assess the continuing education needs of New Mexico physicians
- Provide consultation on principles of adult learning and educational methods to enhance the program’s educational quality
- Provide marketing data on the most effective methods of program presentation and advertising
Meeting site selection
- Bid and contract for meeting facilities and services to meet the needs of your program.
- Provide AMA Category 1 credit for physicians, as well as New Mexico Nursing Continuing Education credit. Apply for other professional credit. Prepare certificates and maintain attendance records.
Advertising and marketing
- Develop marketing plan and conference brochure. Advertise in professional journals. Coordinate brochure mailings.
- CME Website.
- Confirm speakers, coordinate all conference details with speakers including hotel, audiovisual needs, handout materials, expenses and honoraria and required disclosure statements
- In compliance with ACCME guidelines, coordinate requests to pharmaceutical/medical companies to support the meeting. Prepare acknowledgment of commercial support.
- Process all conference registrations and payments by check, credit card, purchase order or UNM Tuition Waivers.
- Grand Rounds Application
- Presenter Disclosure Form
- Planner Disclosure Form
- Participant Evaluation Form
- Sample Application to Exhibit
- Course Director Evaluation Form
- Honorarium Information Form
- Joint Providership Application
- Letter of Agreement
- Sample Announcement
- Plan any social functions to be held in conjunction with the conference.
On-site supervision of conference
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements at the meeting site (room setups, food and support services).
- Order all audiovisual equipment.
- Provide staff for on-site assistance throughout the conference.
- Evaluate program and provide faculty with written report
- Prepare projected conference budget.
- Set up conference account, deposit revenue and pay all expenses.
- Prepare post-conference account summary.
- Conference planning should begin one year in advance. National conference planning should begin even sooner. For local conferences a minimum of nine months is ideal