UNM School of Medicine Minisabbatical Program
The UNM School of Medicine Minisabbatical Program is coordinated through the Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development. This program offers practicing physicians the opportunity to:
- Develop individualized continuing medical education experiences based on specific learning objectives
- Augment existing skills and knowledge
- Explore recent developments in a specialty area
Talk to Participants
We can provide contact information for previous participants so you can learn firsthand how our program might benefit you.
Educational experiences might include observation or participation in:
- Departmental conferences and grand rounds
- Focused teaching sessions with faculty members
- Management of hospitalized patients
- Management of patients in the clinic setting
- Self-instructional programs
The physician's current medical practice, previous medical experience, formal postgraduate educational training and area of medical interest are considerations in planning the minisabbatical.
Each participant receives guidance in developing the education program schedule most appropriate for his or her specific requirements. Using this flexible design, a program may be planned for a few days, one or two weeks or possibly a more extended period of time.
The program tuition is $300 per day, payable on the first day of the minisabbatical training period. We ask that you NOT mail your tuition with your application.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)tm.