The term, assessment, derives from the Latin word, assidere, meaning, to sit beside.
- American Heritage Dictionary, 1985
By fostering learning through assessment we prepare clinical learners to serve the healthcare needs of the community.
- Guide and enhance student learning.
- Are tools for learning as well as measures of learning.
- Convey the value of learning objectives and curriculum.
- Prepare students for life-long learning.
- Provide feedback to students and faculty.
- Constructive Feedback
- Deliberate Practice
- Effective Communication
- Engaged Learning